Friday, December 01, 2006

I've Been Away....


Hey all, I've been away from the computer for a bit..the whole month of November actually. You have no idea how difficult it is when you are in a place with no internet connection. I felt so disconnected to the rest of the world. The reason for my disconnection is that I've been on vacation in the Pacific for a bit now. It's been an amazing trip, full of crazy adventures, drunken nights, full body massages and trying to get myself in all sorts of trouble. Anyhow, the life here in some of these Asian countries that I've visited have been very different from that in North America. I find that no matter the hardships of the people I meet on my adventures, they still take the time to have fun, to smile, spend time with family and friends, and just be happy altogether.

I have met people who work day and night just so they can pay the bills, and yet they are still so happy and content because they have a life to live. They don't take any second of their life for granted. I found it mesmerizing. There are some who are finding it hard trying to cope with paying the bills, some of whom have resorted to insane borrowing of money from others, who in turn charges insane amounts of interest. Yet they smile as if the whole world is smiling back at them. I love that mentality and I wanted to immerse myself in that.

Of course, they talk about the many hardships they go through and how difficult life is but they say they'd rather be living life this way as long as they're surrounded with their family and their friends. As long as they have something to live for they're happy. They are unlike many of us back in North America. We whine and complain about every little thing that we disagree with. I should know, I'm one of those people. But I had a change of heart when I stayed over there. All the complaints I would have had about how sometimes we run out of water to shower or that how backed up traffic is, or whatever else could have come up, never became an issue. And even if it did, I didn't voice them. I kept thinking that these people have to deal with these things every single day of their life, while I only have to endure it for a few weeks. Who was I to complain? And besides, being a foreigner, they treated me like royalty. They would do things for me that they wouldn't do for others, my newly made friends would tell me. It's definitely a different atmosphere.

So now that I've had a taste for that life....I've decided I wanted to stay longer. I want to live life like they live their lives. I want to experience it. I want to take it all in. I want to instill in myself that incredible sense of happiness that they get from the simplest things. I want to be like that. I want to be incredibly happy that I get the chance to see a movie once in a while, knowing that my money is going somewhere, and I also want to help out. I want to help my friends there, even just a little bit. But mostly I want to gain the mentality they have persisted through life with. I want it. I need it. So I'm going to be staying longer than I expected to. I may even spend Christmas there. We'll see. Anyhow, that is my little blurb on my current situation. I will bring more stories, detailed accounts of my misadventures. Hope to hear from you!

Here's a funny video..I love it haha. I'm pretty sure lot's of you have seen it too. All about masturbation.



Secretly Yours,

Donnie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where were you visiting? Don't tell me, tell my trael agent! Sounds like a great trip, can't wait to hear and see more about it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment you left in my post on Victor Basa. That guy is definitely hot. He made my knees weak every time I see him back when I was still in the Philippines. I'm glad you had a nice trip. Indeed, the beauty of my country, despite all the social and political turmoils, shines through in the smiles of the people. I think the Philippines was among the happiest nations in the world in some survey. :-)

jay lassiter said...

welcome home and thanks for sharing some highlights of your pacific rim tour. does that make you a pacific rimmer?

and the clip from "weeds" is hysterical. i love that show.